Check out mishmashhodgepodge.wordpress.com for some interesting unconventional new years resolutions.
Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
“Today” is all we have each day.
Live today. Love today. Learn today.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
4,329 films were submitted to the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. This blog had 28,000 views in 2012. If each view were a film, this blog would power 6 Film Festivals
– Leo Buscaglia –
– Orison Swett Marden –
As you travel through life,
your dreams will guide you,
determination will get you there,
and love will provide the greatest scenery of all.
Do not wait for your ship to come in,
get in your boat and row out.
– Michelle C. Ustaszeski –
– Michelle C. Ustaszeski –
RICE KRISPY TREATS
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- – OR –
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- 6 apples (or 6 cups of apple slices)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- Whipped cream or ice cream
- APPLE CRISP
- To peel an apple safely, your child should hold the fruit in one hand, grip a vegetable peeler in the other, and push the peeler away from himself.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and lightly butter an 8 or 9-inch-square baking pan. Peel, core, and slice the apples and arrange them evenly in the prepared pan.
- Place the oats, brown sugar, flour, spices, and salt in a sealable plastic bag, close, and shake until combined. Cut the softened butter into 1-inch pieces and add to the oat mixture. Close the bag again and knead or squeeze until the mixture holds together.
- Instead of using a bowl to mix the crumb topping, use a sealable plastic bag. This will cut back on dirty dishes and let young bakers–even preschoolers–lend a hand.
- Open the bag and crumble the topping evenly over the apples. Bake the apple crisp for 40 to 45 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the juices begin to bubble around the edges. Cool slightly, then serve with whipped cream or ice cream. may serve about 6.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Beat brown sugar, white sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed about 3 minutes or until fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla, then stir in the baking soda, salt and flour. Add the walnuts and chocolate.
4. Drop dough by large scoops onto ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly with fork.
5. Bake 11 to 14 minutes. Remove with a metal spatula. Cool on a wire rack.
GRILLED CHEESY SANDWICH
- 4 slices white bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. Generously butter one side of a slice of bread. Place bread butter-side-down onto skillet bottom and add 1 slice of cheese. Butter a second slice of bread on one side and place butter-side-up on top of sandwich. Grill until lightly browned and flip over; continue grilling until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining 2 slices of bread, butter and slice of cheese.
JUST RIGHT CLICK, COPY AND PASTE ANY OF THESE WEBSITES INTO THE ADDRESS SEARCH BAR. HOPEFULLY, YOU WILL FIND SOME EXCITING WAYS TO ENJOY FAMILY FUN AGAIN !